Transaction Analysis with PSL/Sugar
SynaptiCAD's new Transaction Tracker is a PSL/Sugar-based verification tool for viewing simulation data
as higher-level transactions, instead of as simple waveforms. Users specify transaction patterns (temporal
assertions) to match against using the PSL Sugar language, and Transaction Tracker displays matches
and partial matches of these patterns graphically as "transaction records".
This tool also provides a powerful interface for learning the syntax of the PSL language. Several simulators
have been released that support PSL assertions, but one of the problems is that users have to learn
another language before they become effective with using the tool. With Transaction Tracker, the results
are graphical and instantaneous, so users can build up complicated equations by typing in a few terms
and seeing the results and then continually adding on until the code matches to the correct transaction
Transaction Tracker can be purchased as a stand-alone version or as an add-on to one of SynaptiCAD's
timing diagram editors or simulator products.
Easy To Use Interface
1) Load a waveform file into Transaction Tracker
- Transaction Tracker can read VHDL and Verilog simulation results, Agilent and Tektronix
file formats, plus BTIM files (SynaptiCAD's 200x-compressed binary format).
- SynaptiCAD's gigawave feature is included with Transaction Tracker stand-alone, allowing
gigabyte-size files to be loaded into the tool.
2) Add a signal and write a temporal equation to describe the type of transactions to locate
- Equations are written in the PSL/Sugar language
- Easy to use Transaction Tracker tutorial shows examples of the most common equations
3) View the analysis results
- Signals show a graphical waveform view of the the matching transactions
- The TE Results tab shows a table view of all matches
- The TE Parse Log tab shows any syntax errors in the PSL equations